Essential Question: How does color theory contribute to designs?
Learning Objectives: 1. Students will make their own basic color wheel with colored pencils (Sketchbook.) 2. Students will observe sports logos for both color schemes and principles of design. 3. Students will generate a color wheel of either a corporate or sports logo in all of the primary and secondary colors.
Design Challenge: Using Color theory and the principles of design 1. Students will design a logo for the fictitious New Mexico – NFL or MLS soccer team called the runners ( for road runners.) 2. Students will design their own fictitious sports team logo.
2014 National Core Art Standards
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- Analyze, interpret, and select artistic work for presentation.
- Develop and refine artistic work for presentation
- Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.